That’s right, guys. We are, once again, Blogger Award Winners!!! We really, REALLY are so very humbled by this honor, and wish to extend our thanks to everyone who reads this blog. We are two women who loves books and reading, and are so thrilled that our love of books and reading can be shared with all of you.
The Liebster Awared is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It has been around since 2011 and is to help promote blogs! We were nominated by Brit at Book Beyond, and we have to thank you, Brit, for being so kind! The rules are as follows:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs (with under 200 followers).
5. Notify these blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
So let’s get started.
1. God appears before you. “Hey friend,” he says, “because you’re so great, I’m allowing you to choose your own life expectancy. How long do you fancy being alive for?” You could be alive indefinitely if you so choose – how many years do you ask for?
Kate: I would like to live as long as I have control of all my faculties.
Serena: I second what Kate said. I’ve read too many stories with “fairy gifts” like this that end up with you living forever but still aging normally. The stuff of nightmares.
2. If you could be incredibly talented at one thing, what would you choose?
3. What would you like to be famous for?
Kate: I don’t want to be famous. Too much pressure.
4. Where is your favorite place you have ever been?
Kate: Hawai’i. Or London. OR Savannah, Georgia. I refuse to pick one.
Serena: Tricky. Neatness-wise, Cinque Terre in Italy. But favorite implies more, so probably the remote cabin I grew up in in northern Idaho.
5. If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Kate: Jeans, a tee shirt, and sneakers. Ya gotta be comfortable.
Serena: Skirt, leggings, tank top and cardigan. For the same reasons.
6. Who is your favourite classic Disney character of all time?
Kate: Of heroes, it’s gotta be Belle. Of villains, Maleficent all the way (and NOT the Angelina Jolie nonsense version either!).
Serena: Same with Belle, pretty much a required opinion for librarians! But since we’re including villains as well, I’d go with Scar based purely on the fact that I think he’s got one of the best villain songs.
7. Which book would you just ADORE a one of a kind, cloth bound, beautifully illustrated copy of?
Kate: “The Lord of the Rings”!!!!
Serena: “Daughter of the Forest” by Juliet Marillier
8. If you could know the answer to one world mystery or conspiracy theory, what would you pick?
Kate: I think finally figuring out who Jack the Ripper was could be pretty cool…
Serena: The fact that I can’t even think of a world mystery off the top of my head might say something about me.
9. Who was your childhood crush, and why?
Kate: Jeff Goldblum!!!!! I have a thing for tall, geeky, charming Jewish men. See my husband for proof of this.
Serena: Cary Elwes, mostly from “The Princess Bride” and “Robin Hood: Men in Tights.” I feel like the “why ” of this one is fairly obvious… Also Jeff Goldblum. There’s a reason Kate and I are besties.
10. Who is your current crush, and why?
Kate: My husband if I’m being boring and pragmatic. If I’m being fanciful, well…. JamesSpaderBobOdenkirkAdamDriverMichaelMcMillianKitHarringtonJoshCharlesMichaelIanBlackIdrisElbaetcetcetc… Because I’m boy crazy.
Serena: Same with the actual answer (my husband, not hers, obviously). But the more fun one is probably Jensen Ackles from “Supernatural.” Which has probably been the same answer I’ve had to this question since I started watching that show like a million years ago (true fact: it’s almost been a million years at this point, they’re on season 13 for crying out loud!)
11. What is your favorite internet meme that never fails to make you smile?
Kate: Well I have a lot of them, but currently I’m enjoying THIS ONE a whole lot.
11 Facts (Split Between Us)
- Up until very recently I was lactose intolerant. Now I can basically consume all the dairy products. Except for, ironically, milk itself (was that the correct use of irony or the Alanis use?).
- I once met former Minnesota Governor/Current Conspiracy Wackadoo Jesse Ventura at a reception where Vincent Bugliosi was speaking. It was high school and a friend and I got pulled into a conversation about slush funds with him.
- I once met Prince when he came through the museum I was working at. Did I keep my cool? Not really.
- I’ve played the flute and the guitar (both not terribly well), and I sang in choir throughout high school.
- Some friends and I made movies in high school, two as final projects and one just for fun. We did an adaptation of “Hamlet”, the myth of Theseus, and then for fun we did our own version of “Once More, With Feeling”, the “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” musical. I still have the raw tapes of the Buffy one.
- I am allergic to nickel which results in major life changes like…not wearing all types of earrings?
- I used to drive a Toyota pick up and now I drive a Scion IQ. The change is major.
- I have a cat that I named Tucker after the character in the short-lived 90s Disney TV show “Flash Forward.”
- I took tap dance lessons for 5 years.
- I love ping pong and, at one point, was (embarrassingly) good at it.
- As well as trivia, for awhile we were on a volleyball team together (though Kate had to quit because she’s a self-professed temper tantrumer).
11 Questions For You:
- If you could be transported to any fantasy world just for a day, where would you go?
- Do you know your Myers Briggs Type? If so, what is it?
- You can have any kind of mystical creature for a pet. Which do you pick?
- Did you have any irrational fears when you were growing up? What were they?
- Do you have any favorite myths (Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse, etc)?
- Who would you bet on in a fight? A witch or a vampire?
- Desert island: which five books?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- If you could visit only one website for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What household chore do you hate the most?
- What is your favorite snack food?